Tuesday 22 June 2010

update!

I'm so rubbish at updating this blog, I swore I'd keep up to date with it when I started the monitoring cycle and hear I am 6 weeks later having not updated so here goes with updates copied from a forum I post on!!!!:

I had the mid cycle scan and the doc said 'wow that is one good sized follicle waiting to rupture'!! Thought I was about due to ovulate and my lining was nice and thick. Had to try and BD at my parents last night - not good, but managed it this morning instead - hope we've not missed the boat!
We then went and had karyotyping (chromosome) blood tests on both of us, an oestrodiol test on me and then the full lot of immune bloods, so I am now £1300 and 21 TUBES OF BLOOD LIGHTER!! 21 I nearly faineted when she got all the tubes out!Have to phone the clnic today as yesterday when we got home I had a surge on the OPK so now need to arrange extra blood test for progesterone.


I had my progesterone bloods on the friday as requested and am fuming as on the monday I phoned the lab and they hadn't even recieved it, so I got one of the girls in work to recheck it that day and I had the result that afternoon. The level was 45 which I believe to be good??? Anyway the ARGC said yes I had OV'd - I knew that anyway but hey ho! They advised long protocol for me whereas with my current clinic I did short.

we had our follow up on the 4th june to sort our 2nd NHS free go in Wales. Have had nearly all the London bloods back and thankfully they are almost all normal other than one killer cell level which is slightly raised, this is called CD56, they are hoping it could be treated with prednisolone steroid which thankfully my local clinic are prepared to try so we can have the free go. London also want me to have clexane but Swansea want me to clarify that as he's not too sure about doing that. So basically I'm starting stimming with my next period due end of June, doing short protocol again and aiming for double blastocyst transfer.
Excited now and glad to be able to give it a go locally for free before moving onto London if needed.

BUT........
Went to see this other consultant yesterday, Dr Gorgy in London who sugessted even more tests so another £1100 lighter we agreed. I'm getting terribly obsessive about finding out what the problem is and I want to cover all bases. However we are due to start treatment in Swansea next week, AF due in next week, but I'm worried that we should postpone for a month and wait for all the results to come back in case something is wrong. But another part of me wants to get going, we've waited so long and my drugs are arriving on fri and I just want to get going.
Any thoughts?
one of the tests checks for high up infections through the testing of menstrual blood so the results wouldnt' be back til I've almost finished stimming - if something is detected I'd need aggressive antibitoic treatment and this couldn't really be done then.
Hopefully nothing will be picked up but I guess if it was and it was something that couldn't be treated quickly and we get a BFN I'll be forever gutted.
Was just so excited to start this month, I could cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment