Thursday 6 May 2010

monitoring cycle has started

So with the arrival of my period yesterday I can now start the monitoring cycle in London. I phoned them this morning and they have booked me in for a mid-cycle scan on the 17th of May, as its a monday we can have our immune bloods done the same day. These are the ones that are getting sent off to America.
I had the first lot of bloods done this morning. They were FSH, LH, prolactin and oestrodiol. I then have to fax the resulst over th the ARGC clinic asap. I may not be able to get them til Monday though so we'll see.

I have also had my forms to fill in about our 2nd free go in our current clinic. Someone I know has had her follow up already very quickly and is starting treatment this weekend, so fingers crossed we may get our follow up soon. I'm really hoping if anything shows up with the tests that we may just need a slightly higher steroid dose which they can give us at our current clinic. I want the free go because of the cost but then also don't want to go through the heartache of a failed cycle if we really need more intensive treatment which we can only have in London.

Feeling pretty low generally, I'm sure its probably hormonal but I spent most of last night crying. I'm fed up of seeing happy baby announcements on facebook and really feeling like I'm being left behind and that this may actually never happen for us.
Its so shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment