Thursday 26 August 2010

massive update

I can't believe how long it has been since I updated this, so much has happened.

We are currently in the midst of our 2nd NHS IVF treatment and had egg collection this morning. We had 9 eggs collected. much less than last year but I have to have faith in the clinic to get us to embryo transfer. Its our of our hands now and we have the agonising wait til tomorrow mid-morning to find out the news.

I've been like a pin cushion as been injecting the stimmulation drugs every day til Tuesday, then also had injections to stop me ovulating as well as clexane to help prevent clotting. Clexane leave nasty bruises so I look like I've been beaten up!
I'm also taking 25mg of prednisolone a day and 75mg of aspirin.
Last monday I had an infusion IV of something called intralipids to try and suppress my killer cells. A nurse came to the house to do it which was good. If the cycle works we have to have another few of those infusions.

I have also had something called LIT - which is leukocyte immunization therapy. The theory is to expose me to my hubby's leukocytes so hopefully my immune system won't fight them off. It was the most painful thing I have ever had done and I have to do it again in a week's time.

Don't even get me started on the cost of all this. We addded up that so far on tests and these treatments (bare in mind IVF is funded currently) we have spent over 5k!!!! If this doesn't work and we end up going private for it all with all the immune stuff and an IVF cycle it'll cost us about 15k.
Trying not to think about the money as hoping we'll get pregnant and then not have to worry.

Feel like luck is not on our side though and feel that its going to be a big deal to get through tomorrow hearing if any have fertilised. Surely it must be our time........

No comments:

Post a Comment