Saturday 3 April 2010

so bad at this

After saying that I couldn't be bothered because I had so many months to catch up on, I've still been terrible at updating, really must try harder to update more regularly.
So, this week we went to London to the ARGC clinic which is one of the best in the country. We want to get a 2nd opinion about everything whilst waiting for the next free go in Wales. The wait could be at least 6 months and we don't really wann sit twiddling our thumbs wasting another 6 months if potentially there is something else going on which stops us getting pregnant.
My charts lately have been prefect so all things considered we cam't understand why I never even get a whiff of a positive pregnancy test.
You can see my charts here if you want to be nosey........

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c73d7

In preparation for going to London I asked my GP to run loads of blood tests for some immune problems and thyroid, all these have come back normal which is great. My hormone profiles on day 2 of my cycle have also come back normal which is all very reassuring but also leaves me even more perplexed as to what the problem is.

The doc we met at the ARGC was lovely and explained what they could do there. He suggested we have the next level of immune bloods whcih can check for things like killer cells which may be fighting off a potential embryo.
They can do something called a monitoring cycle which they recommend everyone has so they can best plan the cycle.
This involves:
day 1-3 bloods - to check FSH/LH, oestrogen and prolactin.
day 10-12 - USS just have a general look around. and at the same as this would probably have the immune bloods done (these are about £800 and go to America).
6-7 DPO - progesterone level - this will be interesting for me as I wonder if my progesterone support isn't enough.
Hysteroscopy at end of cycle if possible - this is where they put a camera inside the uterus to have a good look round. I've had a HSG before but apparently this is the gold standard for identifying any uterine problems which may prevent implantation.

Based on all this the Big Cheese Mr Taranissi can recommend what treatment will be needed. This could be simply a stronger dose of steroids that I've had before or more invasive and intense treatment. If its the first option then we can wait for our Welsh funding and do a cycle there for free, but obviously if other issues show up then we would probably have to just pay and do the cycle in London.

We may explore the options of having some of those bloods done locally to save travel to London, but then my GP's can be crap and I want to do it all properly so may bite the bullet and just go to London for the whole lot. However the work aspect of this is stressing me out, but I think I need to chill out a bit about that!
My period is due next week but we are going to wait for the one aftre that and then do the monitoring cycle as hopefully some of the tests will tie in with some annual leave.
Time is dragging on though and I just want to get going, it will probably be a year after our first cycle before we do another and I'm turning 30 in May and just feel like time is runnign out........

No comments:

Post a Comment